Our desire is for every member of Salem to be involved in an off-campus missions project, reaching people with the love of Christ and sharing the Gospel. There are plenty of opportunities available to get involved, whether locally, nationally, or internationally.
Our Big Three
Put on your Go Shoes and join us! Salem is active and serving Jesus every day in our local community. We have many opportunities throughout the year for adults, students, and families to serve through the various ministry areas of MissionApex (serving families and youth in local neighborhoods). Details can be found on our Local Missions Volunteer Opportunities page. Small groups are the hub for discipleship and service at Salem. It is within these groups that we seek to live out our mission to glorify God, make disciples, and share His story. We encourage you to get involved with a small group, as many organize community projects during the year.
Veritas Church in Washington DC: Salem regularly supports this church plant that is a vibrant and growing community of Christ followers. Our student ministry goes to DC often to serve alongside Veritas as an out-of-state mission trip.
Student Ministry Mission Trips: Each summer High school students alternate between out-of-state and in-state week-long trips, and middle school students stay in-state. Students minister, share the love of Christ with the communities they enter, and provide on-location labor during national crises such as storm and flood damage. Check the Student Ministry's Upcoming Events to learn about upcoming trips.
Associational: Salem regularly supports the Southern Baptist Convention, which exists to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all people everywhere through its network of more than fifty thousand cooperating churches and church-type missions.
International Family Trips: We offer our adult trips to whole families from third grade to senior adult. We partner with several countries, such as Panama and India and take mission trips each year that include gospel activities, discipleship, ministering to children, and encouraging, strengthening and assisting the local missionary teams in their local work. Contact the church office for information on upcoming mission trips.
Student International Mission Trips: Junior and Senior high school students take an international mission trip every 2 years. This life-changing experience provides a chance for students to see the world from a very different perspective and make disciples for Jesus in a global context. Past teams have gone on trips to Panama, Ecuador, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, and Costa Rica. We are going to Panama again in July 2021 to serve with our missionary partners, the Buenos and Campos families.
Global Missionary Support
- Annie Armstrong Easter Offering: Each year, we honor the life and work of Annie Walker Armstrong (1850–1938) when we give to the annual offering for North American missions named after her. One hundred percent of gifts given directly support missionaries and their ministries. Look for information on our church offering goal each spring.
- Lottie Moon Christmas Offering: 100% of our support of the LMCO supports missionaries who share Jesus with millions worldwide, help start thousands of churches, work to rescue slaves, feed orphans, and care for the needy. Look for information on our church offering goal around Thanksgiving each year.
- Salem supports several international missionaries financially as the sending church and through mission trips, including individuals and families in Panama, India, and Uganda.
- Salem regularly supports the International Mission Board (IMB), which partners with churches to empower missionary teams who are evangelizing, discipling, planting, and multiplying healthy churches, and training leaders among unreached people and places for the glory of God.
- Reaching the unreached globally through radio: Salem regularly supports TransWorld Radio, which exists to "reach the world for Christ by mass media so that lasting fruit is produced."
Student Missionary Support
Salem offers some financial support to high school and college students going on mission trips. This support is limited to current Salem members and regular attendees (some exceptions are made for college students who are away at school and regularly attending a church near their school). To request support, please read the Financial Support Guidelines (Word doc) and fill out the Financial Support Request Form (Word doc).
How Can I Get Started?
Itching to learn more about missions at Salem? We'd love to connect with you. Simply fill out the contact form below and one of our staff members will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
How Can I Get Started?
We'd love to help you learn more about missions at Salem. Fill out the contact form below and one of our staff members will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
I'd love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and Pastor Josh will be in touch with you soon. Thanks!
We'd love to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below and Pastor Mike will be in touch with you soon. Thanks!